Monday, February 7, 2011

Ghana!

Hi everyone and sorry I haven't been posting for a while! Right now I am in GHANA! In case you don't know Ghana is a country in West Africa. I have been here since the night of the third of February. If you are in the Eastern Time Zone then I will tell you that Ghana is 5 hours later than where you are now. I will be in Ghana for 3 weeks, London for 3 weeks, too, and Israel for 10 days. Only my mom and I are going on this trip. I am being pulled out of school for 2 months and my mom is homeschooling me. I was in Accra with my mom for 3 nights and 2 days and now I am in Cape Coast. My first and favorite field-trip so far was going to the National Museum of Ghana. I drew things such as gold weights, adinkra stamps, a bow and arrow and a xylophone. There were many groups of school-children there at the same time as us. We arrived in Cape Coast yesterday and when our bus stopped a taxi driver came on, grabbed me, and insisted that we use his taxi. It was intense! Today we went to the Cape Coast Castle. It was pretty gruesome because basically the whole tour was of the dungeons where they kept hundreds and hundreds of slaves. Other than that, the trip has been wonderful. Right now I'm on a timed computer and I have to go. Bye!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liana,

    Just read all three Ghana posts. Enjoyed hearing about your travels. Sounds very interesting.

    We went to a festival today at Emma and Marcus's school. I went on a short walk through the cloud forest as part of the festival. From a kiosk I looked out over the Pacific Ocean.

    Best,

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey l emma here in costa rica miss u sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky I wish I was there! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete