One of my friends A, who I will call Double A, wrote this awesome 10 page book called Quest for the Truth. It's really great. I am going to post it on my blog over several posts. You are about to see the first awesome part of it...
"Knock knock" I said out of habit, even though I knew there wasn't anyone in our bathroom. My parents had gone out to a boring grown-up party (no kids aloud, of course) and Alex, my 16-year-old brother, was at football practice.
"Occupied!" a loud, sarcastic voice replied. I almost fainted. Not sure what to do, I stepped back a few feet. Then, using all the courage I could muster, I swung open the small brown door to the bathroom. Standing next to the sink was a tall, black haired girl. She had no freckles, unlike my dotted face and long hair.
I stared at the strange girl for nearly a minute, then stammered "W-who are you?"
She looked back at me like a deer staring into headlights. She had a hint of viciousness in her eyes, like it was my fault that she was doing something illegal.
'' What the heck are you doing in my house?" I yelled at her. She still looked bewildered, but then she reluctantly told me what she was doing in my house.
" First of all, my name is Marla" she started. " I'm Amy," I told her still fazed by the arrival of this unexpected visitor. Marla continued.
" This morning, my family and I were on a trip to see my grandparents in Phoenix, Arizona. Me, Mom, Dad, and my baby brother Noah." At this, Marla stopped. "Go on, Marla", I urged her. She resumed her tale.
"I really had to go to the bathroom, so we stopped at the gas station. "When I got out of that place - I'm not always speedy if you know what I mean - my family, car, and all, were gone. And believe me, my parents would never abandon me! They're just not that kind of people!" she added defensively. But there was an edge of uncertainty to her voice. "It was such a windy night, it almost felt like a hurricane, and it was getting dark, so I ran to the nearest house, which was yours, and climbed in the window. It felt like the right thing to do at the moment", Marla said.
To be continued.......................................
No comments:
Post a Comment