Monday, March 7, 2011
Fantabulificent Words That I Made Up
Have you ever tried making up words from other words? It's really fun. I've been doing it a bit recently. For example, I made up the word fantabulificent. It is the result of mixing up the words fantastic, fabulous, terrific and magnificent. To make it I started with an old one- fantabulous- and cut out fantabul from it, added ifi from terrific and then took the cent from magnificent and put it at the end. It means the same thing that all the basic words mean-great, awesome good... Another one that I made is barorribastrophroblem. It starts with ba from bad, follows with r for no specific reason except it sounds good, added orrib from horrible, then took astroph from catastrophe and roblem from problem. It means not good. Here's one that is a noun. It is coufutsofammock. The definition of the word is chair or sitting place. It starts with cou from couch, fut from futon, sof from sofa, and ends with ammock from hammock. Here is a verb. It is leabouncop. It means jump. It is made up of the lea from leap, bounc from bounce, and op from hop. That is all the words I will post for now. Feel free to comment and tell me some that you made up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment