Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quest for the Truth Part IV

Here is the fourth part of Quest for the Truth. Just so you know, it is really long, so this is not one of the last parts.

"Treasures in a library!", I said. "Those have got to be books!"

"Yeah", agreed Marla. "And we have to find them before morning is nigh. So I guess we have to go to a library at night to find some key."

We debated about when we should start our quest for a while. Finally Marla gave in and agreed with me that we should get a night of rest before setting off to the local library after-hours (I had no idea how we were going to get in).

"Hey Amy", said Marla. "Do you think any time passed while we were in Maynerna? I mean, when stuff like this happens in the books I read, no time passes."

"Well, I know how to check. Wait here.", I told Marla. I crept into Alex's room. Sure enough, he was still on question number three.


The next morning was a Saturday. I made myself a bagel and ate it with my parents while Marla waited in my room. When Mom and Dad were done eating, I toasted another bagel, spread cream cheese on it, and took it over to Marla.

When I came in, she was on my bed leafing through a USA Girl magazine. "Well, that took long enough!", she joked. "I was getting hungry!"

I rolled my eyes and gave her the bagel. "C'mon Marla, we need to plan how the heck we're gonna get into the library."

"We could hide in the library until it closes," suggested Marla.

I agreed that would probably be the best idea, since we didn't have a crowbar. Ha ha. But now there was the problem of having my parents agree to us sleeping over at the library after it closes. As if!

No comments:

Post a Comment