All right, now I will tell you guys about the camp I was at for the last 3 weeks! My cousin E was there, too. The camp is a wilderness camp for girls from 9-ish to 14-ish. It's not all based on wilderness stuff, though, so there is also a barn and a garden, etc., etc. It's a Quaker camp and there is silent meeting for 15 minutes on a regular day and, get this, 45 minutes on a Sunday. Yeah. I know, right? Just thought I'd let you know. Oh, and they sing a lot and are very enthusiastic about everything.
I will tell you about the awesomest of the awesomest parts, which will be hard because there are a lot of the awesomest parts. Okay. *Takes deep breath*. Here I go.
One of the days was SOMEDAY! Isn't that exciting? No, really, it was. We woke up and there were some people who brought up the goat, Sally, and the bunny, Ginger. Breakfast was Lucky Charms with chocolate milk and green colored strawberry yogurt... oh, and bananas. I basically just ate the Lucky Charms. Then we had silent meeting, which wasn't exactly silent because the counselors were having baby sheep, hula hooping, running around with walkie talkies and such and such.
Every day we have morning activities, and on Someday there were activities, but they were things like having counselors throw chocolate pudding at you from above, and having a water slide, rather than plant flowers in a flower box or learn how to identify mint. I went to the chocolate pudding thing first, which was SO AMAZING! There were a bunch of campers all squished together on a tarp, and counselors above you, basically splatter painting you with pudding. Sadly, they eventually ran out of chocolate pudding, so I went to the water slide area and stayed around there, where they were also playing loud music.
Okay. Right now I am having a brain freeze and can't remember what we did in the afternoon. I know I will remember it sometime........................ Sorry sorry sorry!
Another exciting day was my birthday! I woke up and opened my packages, which my friend H had been keeping for me for days. I got earrings, a pretty scarf, silly books about summer camps and some other random things.
The rest of the day was pretty normal. I got to call my parents *sniff, sniff SO EMOTIONAL*. My older cousin, M, came to dinner because she is at a different camp within the camp, which is hard to explain.
Last but not least, FAIR DAY, my friends. Fair Day. This was only yesterday. It was really exciting because this is FAIR. The moment we've all been waiting for. We sang a lot while waiting to start parading down to where the fair is. Then we started the parade and sang some more. The other camps within the camp on the way to the fair place followed behind us. Then I saw my mom and grandpa and aunt and uncle. A camp within the camp performed a play and then it started. I got candy and cookies and cordage bracelets and coneggberted some people and got coneggberted by some people. Ha ha! Those all start with Cs! Let me explain what a coneggbert is. It is an egg, emptied out, painted and filled with confetti that you smash on each other's heads. They're cool.
After that we got dinner, which were sandwiches. I had turkey and cheese. There was a square dance and a huge bonfire that a group of older girls in my camp made. It really was huge. Like, humongously ginormously... big. Then the parents went back to where they came from and so did the campers.
Sounds fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great description of camp! Sounds like you really liked it. I can't wait to see you and hear more.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma